LegacyGT.com

Strange wires

I was working on my car today and under the dash there are some plugs and clips that aren't plugged in. One looks like an OB2 port but I don't know what it would plug in to. Another is a black clip with two wires going into it, plugged in nothing. And finally there are two green clips both with only one wire going in. I plugged in these two and my check engine light started to flash. I was just wondering if Anyone knew what these wires are for and why they made my cel flash

these are all diagnostic plugs. they are not supposed to be plugged into anything.

the greens will test a bunch of stuff if plugged in to each other. AND they will throw about half a dozen trouble codes if you leave them plugged in.

the black 6 pin with the 2 spare single pins are for flashing trouble codes for the trans TCU, the ABS and the SRS systems. you use the single wire pins to ground out the pins in the connector. you cannot screw it up, all the pins in the connector are for flashing codes. if you ground out the wrong one, no worries, just try another one.

i think the other connector is for a select monitor or something like that. i'm not really sure. but i have never heard of any one using it.

what year, model, trans is your car?

Archived