LegacyGT.com

O.C. dealers and mods

KegTapper

Just curious what everyone's experience has been with the dealers in O.C. for service in re how much they care about mods. I'm thinking of really only doing a few things to the LGT.

1) AP (no biggie, I can unmarry it for servicing)

2) Wheels (again, no big deal)

3) Small drop (they might try to void the warranty on the remaining suspension components)

4) downpipe and/or uppipe (again, might try to void warranty of the emissions/exhaust system...maybe the whole engine?)

umm...oil changes at irvine subaru, full coilover suspension, F/R sways, Rims and tires and a ECU reflash...

no issues, no comments or concerns...the ECU reflash, i doubt they realized or notice it driving from the Service Window to the shop....

~Sucka-Duck~

Dealers won't give you hard time for service or routine maintenance, it's only during warranty claims that they will check your mods. If you blow up your engine and they found out that you have a reflash that's the time that they will definitely void your warranty.

right right, i joked with the service manager about getting some headers and go fast parts (they were displayed at the parts counter) and he mentioned "fine, if you wanna void your warranty"...

i guess they wont say anything about stuff they cant see, but once they see it...then you're done...

~Sucka-Duck~

I heard that Irvine was "relatively" mod friendly.

Meaning if the mod is not related to your warrentee issue, then they are cool.

A friend of mine does a lot of Audi mods, and there is a SoCal network of mod shops and dealers nicknamed "shadydealersdotcom" that will take blown engine parts and other mod related warrentee issues, and get the mfg. to warrentte them.

I will find out about one for subi, but as the name imply - they may be a little "shady".

If you mod, you better be ready to pay - that seems to be the general advice.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm relocating to Garden Grove and my car is leased. I have already done a few mods: Cobb Shift Bushings, JDM rear sway and debadging the rear. I plan on doing an U/D pipe, Cobb Accessport STG II, and STi Pinks. Is that pushing the envelope for So-Cal Subies? I know that the dealership in NE is pretty good about mods, but So Cal is a whole nother gambit. Oh and the car WILL be returned to "stock" when its turned in. ;)

Any input is appreciated.

Not sure if you need to have your car smogged if you are coming from another state. It would be better to hold off on some engine mods just to be on the safe side just in case DMV needs to inspect your car for smog.

WRX_LGT-

You represent RBS Aero correct? I want to buy a SWP JDM Replica Grille. Can you PM me for details if you do indeed sell them?

Yeh, I am going to hold off until I get all my registration and relocation paperwork taken care of before monkeying around with the exhaust and ECU. A good reminder never hurts though. I definately want to do the cosmetic grille and the STi Pinks. So many cars get lowered now, I doubt its a big red flag for Dealerships.

Any additional input is good. Any good dealerships in the 714 area?

my experience---things are pretty cool with most dealers until you try to have the warranty-fix an item when they don't offer first, also, yes...now Subie dealers are "required" to record ANY mod on your car in the computer that is linked to all dealers (says a dealer)..."just for records" :redface: ....

what i would do---remove mods (if feasable) before going to dealer if you looking for something more than just "scheduled maintenance" :D

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Archived