LegacyGT.com

boost actuator question

so I was reading a magazine and there was an article about a couple mods that showed big gains on project cars, one of them being a boost actuator. My question is, do they have psi limits? I have a cnt catted dp, catless up, cobb intake,x02 exhaust, stage 2 tune and soon will be putting on a fmic. I will be getting retuned but if I got the avo actuator from rallitek for instance, would that be able to run with the high psi's of my tune?

I replaced my 7-9# actuator with an AVO 15# unit. It helps spool and helps hold boost up in the higher RPM ranges. Your WGDC tables need to be adjusted along with turbo dynamics for the upgraded actuator to work properly.

so if i get the avo one does that mean i would only be able to run 15psi of boost?

No, it means your static spring pressure for the wastegate is set to 15psi. Your boost control soleniod is bleed type which bleeds pressure off before it gets to the 9 psi actuator. Just adding a 15 psi actuator would probably cause over-boost fuel cut. Your ECU doesn't know you put a 15psi actuator on there, it will assume it is a 9 unless you adjust tables to prevent overboost and boost spikes.

I hit my target of 19psi then the BCS takes over to maintain targets.

• 1 month later...

Archived