LegacyGT.com

Sax Vs. KYB Shocks

kopke

After only 60 miles my suspension has started squiking like hell. I'm hoping it's only some rubber gone dry but I stil got out and started looking for replasment parts. Going to 6 shops only 2 had something to offer (yes I live in a **** place) One of then had a brand cald SAX, some german stuff and the other had KYB, an American brand.

Has any one hear have eny experiens whit theas brands? The Sax are 20% less but I'm not reddy to jump on that.

Have you considered ordering some Koni inserts/shocks online and have a local shop install them? It's very easy to install, priced right, will work with stock springs, and oh yeah..it's a very proven setup...
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

I think they were referring to Sachs shocks. Mike has them on his CTS-V and they are ok. They make lots of OE stuff but I've never heard them making anything for Subarus before. KYB makes Subaru's OE shocks and have a decent line up. Their GR2 model is very similar to stock. If you want performance though or at least an upgrade a Koni or Bilstein is a very good option. Although if you don't have a good shop do the Koni install correctly it can cause more problems than solve.

Where are you located? We might be able to help you with getting you something worth while.

-Jake

Interesting, never heard of Sax suspension. Would be interested in seeing more info on their struts since their website has almost nothing.

-Jake

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

I've never heard of SAX suspension either.

I've heard of Sachs, and SPAX. The former makes tons of OE stuff, the latter makes coilovers but not struts.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I think they were referring to Sachs shocks. Mike has them on his CTS-V and they are ok. They make lots of OE stuff but I've never heard them making anything for Subarus before. KYB makes Subaru's OE shocks and have a decent line up. Their GR2 model is very similar to stock. If you want performance though or at least an upgrade a Koni or Bilstein is a very good option. Although if you don't have a good shop do the Koni install correctly it can cause more problems than solve.

Where are you located? We might be able to help you with getting you something worth while.

-Jake

Thanks for the offer but I'm In Iceland so that's a bit of a long shot. I whent to a local shop and they assured me that my suspension was fine. The best gess was, and I don't know the right word in engilsh, shock boot, strut boot or absorber boot. I feal it will be hard to find out wher the noise is coming from

Ok sorry about the grammar school comment, didn't realize you were from Iceland...now I think the squeak may be caused by the cold air drying out the mounts if they are rubber, you could solve this by partially disassembling the mounts and treading it up

Archived