LegacyGT.com

What the heck are "puddle lights"?

PKs17

Looking through the dealer accessories i noticed they have puddle lights. They seem to light up the area around you at night, but does anyone have more info on these?

Where exactly are they mounted? and where are they wired up to?

Also, are they tacky or nice, i dont recall ever seeing them on a car before.

Thanks in advance.

Wow, this forum sure is boring. Everything is search search, no on wants to just post honest replys. Isnt that how forums die out. Everyone stops posting.

No offence, but go to a honda forum and you ll have 5 people try to help you out at once.

No offence, but go to a honda forum and you ll have 5 people try to help you out at once.

That's bullshit.

You are also asking a really dumb question that common sense and google could have answered.

Maybe you should go buy a Honda then.

Everyone on this forum has been nothing but helpful, BUT, asking a question that you could easily find the answer to in about 30 seconds is, well, annoying.

I've installed them back in 2006 on the wife's Tribeca. AFAIK that was the first scooby they were offered on. Later they made them options on other scoobies. I really like them a lot, they are basically two sets of led's for each side of the car. They are installed under each rocker panel facing down. The light is bright white and they actually do a good job of lighting up the surrounding area under each door. It's nice at night as they come on when you unlock the car making it easier to find at night in a parking lot. I've installed them on my Legacy too. I have an install how too here but it's for the Tribeca (which was basically the same really) :

http://www.scoobymods.com/puddle-light-install-t6648.html

If you can't see the pics in my thread above, you will need to register and log in the site, we do that to keep the spam down. We don't do anything with the info.

The toughest part of the install was finding the wiring harness for the lights on each side, they are there but hidden up in the fender area and a bugger to see. A worthwhile install IMHO and not too hard if you are handy.

you can down load the OEM install manual from this link to see what's involved.:

http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/50368/pdf/050368-H471SAJ000302354.pdf

Hope that helps.

Peaty,

2019 Imp Sport 5 Dr (Mine) 2013 Outback Premium (Wife's)

2010 Legacy 3.6R (Son), 2001 Forester S (other son)

1999 Miata (my summer ride)

Puddle Lights sit just under each door and light up the ground just about where you step out to exit the car.

I didn't mind trying to help this guy by typing the above. It took me about the same time as it would have if I had typed "Go do a Search".

I just tried doing a Search for Puddle Lights and came up with 174 Posts. After reading about 12 of them I can see why this guy asked the question, he probably didn't have the available time to read all 174 posts.

Doesn't have time to read posts? But what is the rush?

Help, car down, cannot find the doors.

Teach him to fish instead of giving him a fish makes for a better forum. The quick question and then gone for a year poster don't help a forum much.

My friend has a Honda Civic and he wanted to turn off the seatbelt alarm.

So I searched on the Honda Civic forums for the same question and I found hundreds of posts from people crying about how it's a safety feature and u'd be an idiot to want to turn it off.

Not a single post offering advice on how to actually turn it off.

Yah really helpful.

I lawl'd because Honda Civic kids are not generally known for being safety conscious.

Well it was a civic enthusiast site. They probably only know about big wheels, loud amps and fart cans.

If you search and there is no answer, then posting is good. If there are a 100 threads with the answer and you still ask, you are lazy. And deserve a little ribbing.

Archived