LegacyGT.com

Credible SOA news on 2012+ models

Magic Marker

The BM is a joke the XV is a joke the only model they make right now that doesn't suck as much ass is the Forester. Then ONLY model they make right that can be considered "hot" is the WRX the rest are falling victim to unchecked weight gain, lack of exterior identity and GROSSLY under powered engines. Even the Phase 2 EJ255 with the VF54 TS COULD be better.

by unchecked weight gain you mean a weight reduction for all models except for the Outbacks 95 lbs weight gain for the Outback and a 65 lbs weight gain for the Legacy (some trims lost weight). Every car line has been "hot" as everyone one of them has hit sales records. Grossly underpowered? I don't think any Subaru has trouble getting out of it's own way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The new Legacy 2.5i has a slower 0-60 than a Hyundai Elantra GLS....

and the Legacy 2.5i Limited w/ sunroof (read heaviest 2.5i) is .9s slower 0-60 than the quickest mainstream midsize sedan. .7s slower than the fastest in 45- 65mph and is .6s slower in the quarter mile. It's slow, but everything in that segment is slow. It doesn't labor under it's weight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's slow, but everything in that segment is slow. It doesn't labor under it's weight.

Compared to a 3rd gen or 2nd gen Legacy with the 2.2L engine, they are faster even though they are larger.

I had a new Outback as a loaner, even with the CVT it had enough power to get out of it's own way. It's not gonna plant your butt in the seat but it moves well enough for its size.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Archived