LegacyGT.com

So this is what I want to do.

Joe Touch

So, I have done some power and brake mods (http://www.socalsubies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7935). Now, it's time to get some suspension mods. I don't dd it, she's mainly a garage queen and my goal is to track it, so I figure this is a good place to start. This is what I am planning to do:

AST 4100 12k/12k

vorschlag camber plates w/ custom machined ast perches

whiteline anti lift kit/caster kit

whiteline Rear Control Arm Kit

whiteline roll center adjustment kit/bump steer kit

whiteline front inner control arm bushing kit (might as well while i have the arm off)

I am also considering the perrin P.S.R.S rather than the whiteline version. Don't know if I want all that NVH. From what I can tell, the rest should be a very solid set up for the track. Any input/experience with/for these parts would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Joe Touch

I have not had much experience with caster changes on a track car, BUT I have not seen a car with 100% equal caster on both sides. I believe the perrin set up is a bit more adjustable. You might need caster on only one side so adding .5 of caster to both is not always the best solution. What you want is adjustably over fixed settings, and serviceability ie bushings with zirk fittings, more control over front and rear camber and toe.

If you are a set it and forget it kind of guy, dosent mean you should not have adjustable parts. This will just mean that once you get your car dialed in how you like it you can leave it alone.

Hope this helps, my build with have lots of adjustability, which means I can keep my tires in good shape longer, and do good on the track when the time comes.

Thank you for your input. I have decided to go with the perrin. My goal is to build a track car, not a fast DD. The biggest thing that I was worried about was the increased NVH, but again with my goals, the perrin makes sense.

Joe

I can tell you right now if you replace all your bushings with harder ones, and add some coilovers and track the car you will shake a kidney stone loose. A dedicated track car is not comfy. Many times tracks will require roll cages after certain power levels, or lap times. That means no interior...

Archived