LegacyGT.com

Help w/ a Part # for a 2005 GT

Hey Everyone!

So awhile ago someone hit my parked car outside my apartment. Small dent not worth getting my insurance involved. Anyway they must of broke a bracket or something and now there is gap between my fender and bumper. This doesn't affect anything except it is driving me crazy! :spin:

My local Subaru dealership was bought by a Ford dealership and no one there has a flipping clue about Subarus! They have ordered me a useless pin/fastener they swore was the missing part. So after banging my head on their counter repeatedly :rtfm:I figured I would try you. I have gotten a lot of help from reading this forum for other things, so please don't let me down this time.

Can anyone tell me the part number I need to fix this? It looks like it would have two holes with a slot in the middle...if that is any help.

I have a 2005 Legacy GT, I tried posting photos below.

37928492_FenderGap1.thumb.jpg.90f2efcc3926c21fd9e2c209f4365165.jpg

1094807732_FenderGap2.thumb.jpg.5ba72dd0b4d12f32cfb3071e4e469954.jpg

that portion of the bumper snaps into the fender, if you finesse it it should pop back in flush. if not, there is a plastic "bracket" in which the fender snaps into, that may be misaligned causing you to not achieve optimal hellaflush.

I have tried with no avail to get the bumper stay put. I can get it flush and it feels like it should stay but I can't get it to click like other snap parts on the car. I have even tried double side adhesive tape which doesn't stay when the temp hits over 90 degrees. Any ideas to realign this silly bracket bmx045?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived