LegacyGT.com

Where to buy in hudson valley or surrounding area

MTFULemming

Off Topic but, I just decided that I love my bank. They found someone using my stolen debit card info to make purchases and called me right away. This is fortunate because I plan on paying cash for the new car so the money is sitting there in my checking account waiting to find the right deal. That could have been a bad situation... Thanks for your suggestions guys. Curry Subaru and NNJ are both pretty close to me.

dfsubiGT did you get the PM I sent with my phone number? I sent it from my phone and not sure if I hit send. Feel free to pass it on to a salesman that wants a quick sale.. thanks

Buy wherever you get the best deal. I've found the dealer network around here to be pretty bad. So go wherever you get a good price, and don't go to them for service. Wren it's time for maintenance go to AZP in Jersey. The guys are great, do awesome work and will save you a ton of money over the dealer.

Yes i got ur pm i gave ur info to a salesman nobody called u?

Nope haven't heard anything. No worries tho, I finally have a few days off starting tomorrow so I will be hitting the lots and seeing who is looking to deal. Who do you recommend I talk to there?

-

Anybody have any tips on getting a good deal? Haven't bought a new car in 11 years, have no trade and I'm paying cash. Dealers I have spoke to so far keep thinking I'm going to pay near sticker price :icon_roll

"Cash" deals don't get you a better deal, in fact it is worse because when you finance the dealership gets a cut, wereas with a cash deal they don't get anything.

It's a tough buyers market for subies cause toyota took over a lot of the production lines at Subaru factories after the tsunami...

-mike

"Cash" deals don't get you a better deal, in fact it is worse because when you finance the dealership gets a cut, wereas with a cash deal they don't get anything.

It's a tough buyers market for subies cause toyota took over a lot of the production lines at Subaru factories after the tsunami...

-mike

Good information, I was not aware of these things. Luckily I do not "need" a car right away as my truck should drive a couple hundred thousand miles more. But with the price of diesel now and the MPGs it would be nice to park it for a while.

Im liking the pics of the new Impreza but the room inside the Legacy is what sold me. And the Outlander sport seems like it cant get out of its own way, but Im going to testdrive one anyways. Im just hoping somebody will give me a killer deal on a Legacy without all of the negotiating. I wish all cars sold for a set price like everything else in this world, all the back and forth at the dealers and their shady tactics/ numbers games are really annoying to me.

Thanks again for the info

Good information, I was not aware of these things. Luckily I do not "need" a car right away as my truck should drive a couple hundred thousand miles more. But with the price of diesel now and the MPGs it would be nice to park it for a while.

Im liking the pics of the new Impreza but the room inside the Legacy is what sold me. And the Outlander sport seems like it cant get out of its own way, but Im going to testdrive one anyways. Im just hoping somebody will give me a killer deal on a Legacy without all of the negotiating. I wish all cars sold for a set price like everything else in this world, all the back and forth at the dealers and their shady tactics/ numbers games are really annoying to me.

Thanks again for the info

Another route you can go is basically put down like $5k on the car, and make sure that there is no pre-payment penalty on the subaru loan. This will allow the dealer to make their vig on the loan, but then you pay it off with the cash in your bank a month or 2 later (usually they let you pay it off after 3 months). Then the dealers will likely be more willing to play ball.

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Archived