LegacyGT.com

thinking about a vf 52 with perrin front mount please help

Leggysue - If you're going VF52 I wouldn't bother with the FMIC. You can get a bigger TMIC and it will bolt right up. If you want a FMIC you can search for Racer X FMIC. Those you can get with an LGT Flange and it will bolt right up. It also lets you keep the fogs.

I agree with Spec B. The main reason to go with a VF52 vs another turbo is the fitment with a stock topmount. If you're going to go with a front mount and are looking at a used turbo, I would go with an STi take-off.

As far as install, the Perrin FMIC is a behemoth. And it takes some work to get it in there. I just helped a local guy install one. You may also have to look into upgrading the fueling. The VF52 on a stock tmic will push your injectors pretty close to 100% depending on the tune, so the added ability with better heat exchange may put you over the top.

On that note however, the guy who I helped out is making about 400whp on E85 (so he does have upgraded injectors and fuel pump) with the vf52/Perrin FMIC combo that you're looking at. Not sure what his 93 numbers are.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I agree with Spec B. The main reason to go with a VF52 vs another turbo is the fitment with a stock topmount. If you're going to go with a front mount and are looking at a used turbo, I would go with an STi take-off.

As far as install, the Perrin FMIC is a behemoth. And it takes some work to get it in there. I just helped a local guy install one. You may also have to look into upgrading the fueling. The VF52 on a stock tmic will push your injectors pretty close to 100% depending on the tune, so the added ability with better heat exchange may put you over the top.

On that note however, the guy who I helped out is making about 400whp on E85 (so he does have upgraded injectors and fuel pump) with the vf52/Perrin FMIC combo that you're looking at. Not sure what his 93 numbers are.

What else dies he have into it to get those numbers ?

the vf22/39/43/48 are all about the same size as a the VF52. With an STI turbo and DP/Up/Exaust/Injectors/Fuel Pump/FMIC on a E85 tune you will likely get 335-365 whp and alot of wtq -370+. I have never seen 400whp on any VF turbo.

Archived