LegacyGT.com

Mechanic needed near Newburyport, Salisbury, Hampton.

JimJamie

You should add Wareham to your Location so those wondering don't have to do a web search.

Scotty told me to do two oil changes and call back w/results, which I will.

The dealer said I needed both (2) OCV's replaced, but Scotty said the 3.0 liter has 5 of them.

I had the oil changed, drove it for 10 minutes, had the oil changed again. The two lights went out and have not come back on. (200 miles).

Scotty was very nice to tell me of the inexpensive fix possiblity. (I'd read it in this forum too)

Subaru of Exeter would have been happy charging me the $875.

I had the oil changed, drove it for 10 minutes, had the oil changed again. The two lights went out and have not come back on. (200 miles).

Scotty was very nice to tell me of the inexpensive fix possiblity. (I'd read it in this forum too)

Awesome. The diagnostic info Subaru gives for those codes tells you to change the oil twice before atempting any repairs. Great job!

:confused:

why? seems like a strange fix?

Seems redundant but Subaru does tell you to do this before going after an actual mechanical failure. I personally would pull the banjo first and if was reasonably clean then try changing the oil. If the motor or turbo is coming apart you will see it in the screen.

I hope it works out. Scott(y's Country Auto) is a wonderful find for a Subaru owner around the Seacoast NH area.

Archived