LegacyGT.com

Beginning of sunroof problems?

OK, so, for only the 3nd time since I bought this thing back in November, the sunroof temporarily refused to close. All within the last month. Each time a wiggle of the roof and repeatedly toggling the switch has cured the problem. Well, one or the other has, anyway.

Anybody got a clue as to WTF is happening, and how to correct?

What exactly is happening? Is it when it is tilted or completely open? Does it not respond when you push and hold the switch for 3 seconds (when completely open)? Does it make noise?

If nothing is happening, it sounds like there may be something loose in the switch, but without more details, it is hard to know. There is a thread in the technical forum about the sunroof switch...can't find it now, but here is another one that may be helpful: Need help! Wagon moonroof...

My bad... It's when it is fully opened. No noise. Just doesn't respond to the switch. FTR, I use my roof EVERYDAY, winter/spring/summer, and soon to be fall.

Mostly I wanted to know if there was any known issues similar to mine, with the sunroof, and I'm lazy. Search brought up, like, 6-7+ pages of threads...

Thanks for the link.

I'll scour the tech forum, too.

Seems like you have a connection loose in the system. I've read on other fora that if water gets into the control box it can corrode the wires, but cleaning them can restore functionality.

Good luck, I'm running into a similar problem, though my car is much older than yours.

That's what has me stumpified. IDT an '09 should be experiencing age-related issues, just yet. I guess I have no choice but to start chasing gremlins, since I plan to pass this puppy on to Mom, once it's paid off.

Thanks for all the great advice, guys!

Archived