LegacyGT.com

Blow off valve

Personally if you want the sound just go with a nice spt cold air intake. You will not benefit from having a BOV because you do not need to take your foot off the gas to shift. On autos, there is a diverter valve for that. You will hear it with any after market intake.

Hope I helped

no you will not benefit from a blow off valve.

How it works? open your hood and look at the intercooler. on the right side theres a black thing sticking off it, thats a stock blow off/by pass valve. Stock recirculates the air back into the intake vs the atmosphere like most aftermarket blow off valves

If you stick one on you will stall coming to a stop. will need to be tuned for it, or buy a 50/50. only reason to get one is only for the noise nothing else

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

:cool:Drop in panel filter and up pipe was enough sound for me, really made a difference that's for sure.

Shatz,

I'm doing a similar upgrade in the next week or two. How much more can you hear the turbo spool? (I like turbo noise) Not trying to thread-jack so feel free to send me a PM

K&N Typhoon intake, the BOV is loud!

I've heard our cars don't benefit much (if at all) from an aftermarket intake unless you've got a large turbo in there. You would also have to tune for the intake as well, correct?

correct.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm thinking of going with an infamous tune in the springtime, so I'll think about the intake around then. I'd rather keep the car reliable and I want the terrible factory map gone - hesitation FTL...

Archived