LegacyGT.com

Calling all RC(electric) car experts

alexxdj1

I just bought an electric Team Associated SC10 factory kit which is a self build model lacking a motor, controller, radio box, battery, etc. This set comes with some upgraded components however I want to ease this model into a competition truck in the future. Does anyone have any insight as to which remaining compenents are good for a beginner?

2011-08-02_14_25.46_Phoenix_Arizona_US.thumb.jpg.9101c8f272b18b83ab3df95ae7b67f53.jpg

Find the rules of the class you want to race in, then start picking up parts!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

If you have been out of the hobby for a while, a lot has changed technology wise. Check out rcgroups.com. Should be a good primer in regards to 2.4Ghz radio systems, LIPO batteries, and brushless motor systems.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

To me RC cars has been either small dry cell operated or methanol 2-stroke powered cars and a 27MHz radio.

You have brushless motor/ esc/ and LIPO battery combos outperforming nitro cars. Some ppl actually mod some gas cars to electric.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived