LegacyGT.com

bent a rim on NJ pothole - need new wheel

DeathMobile

So...the awsome roads around here ate one of our wheels. It's bent pretty good, so as much as we like rockin' a donut...we are in search of a new/used wheel. (2006 legacy GT)

If anyone around the area can help us out or point us in the right direction for a good deal, it would be much appreciated.

I'd consider buying a set of 4 wheels or even a wheel tire package if it ends up being cheaper than buying a new bare wheel.

Thanks in advance.

File a claim with the city. I did that in NYC this past winter and got a check a couple of months later.

Please tell us more. I would love to have that work out for us. I just ordered a rim online for 111 dollars plus 20 dollars shipping...totally sucks.

On another note, we are thinking about selling the legacy gt and getting a new outback or forester...whatever we can afford. We haven't decided if we are going to put it up for sale, or trade it in at the dealer yet.

The tri-state area is not at all wheel-friendly....especially not with low-profiles.

The Outback is a good choice. We have a 2010 and love it. Great gas mileage, comfortable, and handles the Cross Bronx E-Way pretty dam good!! Just wish the 2.5 had a little more balls.

There's a claim form. Just google it. I think it's in the department of finance's website. They'll need receipts and they won't give you the full amount. They say depreciation blah blah blah. However, you can negotiate with them. I filed a claim for $300 and they came back with $50 and I explained to them the car was less than 3 months old and negotiated to $200.

Do it quick before they fill the pothole and say "what pothole?"

Archived