LegacyGT.com

JL Cleansweep, happy or not?

PKs17

Im about to purchase my first 2006 LGT soon. Im huge into the whole in car entertainment thing, and have installed a few nice stereos in past cars.

This time around i was hoping to get a good "stock" stereo, but the H/K unit seems to only be in the newer legacys.

So my question is, could someone please tell me in simpler terms, what the cleansweep does, and how easy was it to tune and install?

Also, are you guys happy with it, or was it just a pain in the butt? and are you still searching for another way to add your stereo?

Im super stoked to be able to keep my stock headunit and add outboard amps to it, but is it as simple as that. Or is there some other problems that might come up? Also, why do i need a seperate volume knob, and is this the knob that i will be using all the time, and what controls will i NOT be able to use on the stock headunit, and steering wheel.

It is an ADAC. It takes your analog signal, digitizes it to flatten it out, and converts back to analog again.

You don't have to use it. But if you don't, you will be stuck with the stock unit's boosted frequencies. You can use all the head unit controls except volume. You have to use an auxillary volume control, because you flatten your signal based off a set head unit volume control location. Consequently, if you change head unit volume, you've lost your flat signal.

If I had it to do over again, I'd get a real processor, e.g. Bit1. Cleansweep, and products in that class, leave you depending way too much on the stock head unit for control. It sucks, so everything that comes out of it sucks too.

I've had the cleansweep and the 360.V2 and to me, I was not very impressed. I just picked ( ordered ) my Jbl MS8 which will be delivered by August 5Th. I'm reading a lot of great things about this piece and as such have high expectations for this. Review to follow. :)
2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

Also interested in this. How bad is the stock head unit with line out converters and an aftermarket amp with aftermarket speakers? I'm coming from using a Pionner 880PRS head unit and loved all the tuning capability...not sure if the factory head unit will satisfy me.
MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

It's bad. Tuning consists of "Bass, "Mid", "Treble" adjust. I have no idea where the xover points are, but they don't suit my system. Hertz Mil, Arc Signature 880 amp, JL Audio 8" sub powered by another dedicated ARC amp.

Was it worth upgrading the rest of your system running off the factory HU with LOCs? All I want to do is run a 4 channel amp with Type X components up front and some sort of midbass drivers to run sub duty in the rear doors.
MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

• 4 weeks later...
  • Mega Users
bump for dbl's question, I'm about to do an audio overhaul and I don't want this thing sounding like SH** after the $700 I've already spent on speakers, wiring kit, amps, sound deadoner, spacers, and LOC converters.
"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Mega Users
now I don't know whether I should get the cleensweep or another product like it, or just get the double din kit to replace the stock HU and put a decent HU with nav/dvd/cd/allthefunstuff
"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

It depends solely on whether you plan to do critical listening. My system, which cost seven times what you have in yours presently, sounds great at 80 mph with all five windows open. If I play a well recorded CD, while parked, in the middle of the night, in my garage, and listen critically, I don't care for it.

Stock head unit is garbage. When I put my new kenwood in with the stock speakers, it sounded 10x better. Now with an amp and good speakers, its great. LOC with the stock head unit would work and sound better than stock stuff of course, just from the improved quality of the speakers and amp.. but its not going to come close to using an aftermarket headunit.

My .02

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

Archived