LegacyGT.com

160MPH 1/4 Mile...or...170+MPH 1/4 Mile

Which would you prefer?

AMS GT-R:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deu5iBFgPWg]‪World Record R35 GTR 9.05 @ 166! Alpha 12, built by AMS‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Underground Racing NERA (TT Gallardo):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffJwA5uxdOg]‪Underground Racing goes 170+ in the 1/4 mile‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Wow and only a 9.05. Thats a slow time for trapping 160+mph. Its a fast car making lots of power thats for sure. But with that much power and the car is probably 3000lbs i would say it should go lower 8s easy. There are cars running mid 9s with 500whp.

Wow and only a 9.05. Thats a slow time for trapping 160+mph. Its a fast car making lots of power thats for sure. But with that much power and the car is probably 3000lbs i would say it should go lower 8s easy. There are cars running mid 9s with 500whp.

I was thinking the same thing. The GT-R seems like it should be turning the 1/4 with a better time.

I was thinking the same thing. The GT-R seems like it should be turning the 1/4 with a better time.

Thats what these shops do, they build a car with gobs of power, put sticky tires on it and run a time they think will impress the people. They dont really put hundreds of hours into tuning the car to hook like drag racers who are out there every week.

A buddy of mines uncle just got his new setup to start hooking, took him 4 full days at the track before he stopped blowing the tires off, 7.76 at 187mph in a 2000 formula and he still has alot of work to do.

I understand these cars might NOT be for straight line racing only. I would take the lambo as it is far sexier IMO.

Auto Blog has a vid of a stage 2 GTR and a supercharged SRT-8 Grand Cherokee drag. The Grand Cherokee ran the 1/4 mile quicker.

Lol nice, over winter I was thinking about dumping some money into the vette and start going to the track again. But we just found out baby nubmer 2 is on the way and we are due in March so gotta stock up on diapers.

The Gallardo looks difficult to drive and unplesant to launch.

GTR 1.6 60' over and over FTMFW and it still did not hook till 3rd gear. That GTR could post a faster trap and a faster time if pure dragster was the ultimate goal.

Id take the GTR all day as its much more subtle. Hell a GTR in L.A. doesn't even draw more than a stare or two. Dont need the fan club or papparazi that comes with a Lambo.

Im betting the ultimate goal is to make power and showcase what AMR can do, no?

There is a huge difference between tossing parts on a car to make power and make it all function and going to the track week after week after week making subtle changes and rebuilds to eek out hundredths of a second. Thats a drag car.

Im betting they figure their time is way better spent putting down a big dyno number and good track results than spending tons of time and money to get another .2

Im betting the ultimate goal is to make power and showcase what AMR can do, no?

There is a huge difference between tossing parts on a car to make power and make it all function and going to the track week after week after week making subtle changes and rebuilds to eek out hundredths of a second. Thats a drag car.

Im betting they figure their time is way better spent putting down a big dyno number and good track results than spending tons of time and money to get another .2

I agree but a car that weighs that much and makes that much power has ALOT more in in than another .2. Almost a whole second faster but they probably dotn want to push it off the line and risk breaking drivetrain part after drivetrain part.

It is a good way to showcase the power they can churn out but anyone who knows 1/4mile times will know thats a slow time for that car. Then again they are retaining the AWD which is probably holding the car back on the drag track.

Lol nice, over winter I was thinking about dumping some money into the vette and start going to the track again. But we just found out baby nubmer 2 is on the way and we are due in March so gotta stock up on diapers.

Congrats on the second! Time to get snipped dude!:lol:

I agree but a car that weighs that much and makes that much power has ALOT more in in than another .2

Like I said, the car is not hooking up and is not going to go its full potential without being a dedicated drag car and getting set up. .2 to .3 would be easy with just a wheel/tire and minor tune change for better traction.

A second would take "ALOT" of suspension and other work right? It would need to screamingly launch in a way that would just not hook up with the current setup. IT SQUATS like CRAZY!

It would need suspension and I am sure drivetrain work. But its a deticated shop car, probably never leaves the shop unless they are doing a run on a track so why not make it go as fast as you can and show what the shop can really do. Many shops can get 1300hp out of a big 6cylinder with big turbos not just AMS. But I am sure they want to keep the AWD since that appeals to GTR customers and AWD will hold them back on the drag track once you get into the 8s and 7s.

I originally chose Thanks for making me laugh, but I didn't want it to look like I was saying thanks that you were done :lol:

;), I am gonna keep on keeping on until a boy comes out. Must ensure my name and legend live on.

Archived