LegacyGT.com

power loss after installing catback???

mike2225

I have a friend who owns and exhaust shop and i had him make me a custom 3" cat back using my prodrive mufflers and ive been driving the car around and it feels like i lost a little bit of power over the stock catback.Is this normal?? I assumed bigger piping would free up back pressure and give it a little more power.

The stock catback isn't bad for power, depending on how good your friend is fabricating maybe you've hurt flow? Freeing backpressure will have a more pronounced effect closer to the turbine.

bigger piping after the cats (catback)wont do anything if you still have the stock DP and cats still in the system.

does the OP have stage 2 mods or is this just a catback on a otherwise stock car.

I have a FMIC,UP,DP and EL headers in the garage im just waiting to here back from the tuner before i put all the parts on

anytime you change a part that doesn't quite require a tune. air filter to high flow. cb... up pipe.. reset your computer... sometimes that helps a lot if she relearns a few things as they have changed.

anytime you change a part that doesn't quite require a tune. air filter to high flow. cb... up pipe.. reset your computer... sometimes that helps a lot if she relearns a few things as they have changed.

I reset the ecu and drove it for a few hundred miles and the car drives and feels alot better now..thanks

Archived