LegacyGT.com

Amp Install Specific Question

I promise I searched all the forums for this. I need a definitive answer. Where do I tap in for speaker outputs to get signal to my amp? I have an 06 LegacyGT, by the way.

I read one person say to tap off the wiring to the OEM sub under the seat but then someone said that is a bad place because of how the signal is sent to that sub. Someone else said use the speaker wires in the door pillar, but there are a bunch and I don't know which are the speaker wires. I just don't feel good about tapping into the power locks wire. Some say go straight to the back of the deck and tap in off the wires there, but I would love to leave the dash alone if I can. It would be great if someone said something like "Pop your seat up and tap into the two wires on the right side of your OEM sub connection."

Also, my amp has a place for speaker signal inputs (instead of RCA's). If I run it that way do I still need a remote line out from the deck? I have been told both yes and no.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

the best place to tap into your speakers are directly behind the radio itself. It is the cleanest signal your going to get. You can either use a line out converter which converts your speaker signal into RCA outputs (which is the best route for the $20-$30 they cost). You do still need to run a remote turn on wire. The wires off the amp do the same as a line out converter, they have nothing to do with the power side of the amp. Here is a wiring diagram for a 2006 Subaru Legacy directly from modifiedlife.com

2006 Subaru Legacy Car Radio Wiring Diagram

Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: Blue/Red

Radio Ignition Switched 12V+ Wire: Yellow/Red

Radio Ground Wire: Black

Radio Illumination Dimmer Wire: Purple

Radio Antenna Trigger Wire: Yellow/Black

Radio Amplifier Trigger Wire: N/A

Front Speakers Size: N/A

Front Speakers Location: N/A

Left Front Speaker Wire (+): Brown/White

Left Front Speaker Wire (-): Green

Right Front Speaker Wire (+): Red/Yellow

Right Front Speaker Wire (-): White/Black

Rear Speakers Size: N/A

Rear Speakers Location: N/A

Left Rear Speaker Wire (+): White/Red

Left Rear Speaker Wire (-): Red/Black

Right Rear Speaker Wire (+): Blue/Yellow

Right Rear Speaker Wire (-): Red/White

The 2006 Subaru Legacy radio wire color information above is updated as it is submitted by the Modified Life community.

You can connect a wire onto the radio ignition 12v source for the remote turn on lead but I would run it to a switch first just in case you want to turn the amp and subs off but still listen to the radio. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Archived