LegacyGT.com

glass stained fogs

dzemanek4

Alright so after I've had a couple yellow fog lights burn out on me, I decided I'd try and use the Krylon Glass Stainer to 'paint' em yellow. That way I could run regular bulbs and hopefully they'd last longer than a month. A bunch of guys on here have done it it seems- but there is only one problem

I cannot find this F@$%&)%$%-ing glass stainer anywhere.

If anyone has any tips- they'd be appreciated! Thanks!

I never understood the need for yellow fogs?

When I was in school in the mid 90's... PIAA made yellow fog lights that were 'all the rage' and people put them on everything. Yellow lights IMO look like the old enclosed headlamps that look yellow/brown when compared to HID's today.

Is there a benefit of yellow over white?

Yellow provides better visibility in inclimate weather. I am going to be living in Pullman,WA - a very snowy area. They provide more contrast in the snow and help improve visibility in bad conditions

yellow is better in bad weather but our stock fog light dont do crap its not bright enough. if you want fogs that really work get HIDs fogs. ive had my yellow bulb for my fog light for a while and no problems for me..

Craft stores. I have stock bulbs and painted lenses now since my HIDS took a crap. They have a tint of yellow, but aren't as yellow as a bulb will be.

Oh and overlays will color fade over time. I know this cause mine did.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Just dont do what i did. I went to an arts and crafts store an bought stained glass paint then took my foglights out an painted them an put them in. Worked great for about 2 weeks. I didnt factor in how hot fog lights can get an they turned cloudy an barely visible. Since then I have bought new lights an been runing the yellow bulbs

• I Donated Too

bought mine at Michael's. Take off the plastic thing that surrounds the light and spray away. About 3 light coats, spaced 5-10minutes apart, 6-8in away from glass.

Did it on my Tiburon yrs ago and had no problems with fading or melting.

Archived