LegacyGT.com

Offer on the table for a new 2.5i limited

cnaf

Working with my local subaru dealer on a 2011 2.5i limited w/ cvt. I read up on this forum regarding the "invoice plus 2% off" usual pricing, so I was shooting for that range going in. Thsy have a grey one I like, its $28235 MSRP... $26242 invoice (including freight) with the options that are installed. I can have it at a price of $25560. Unless my calcs are wrong, thats roughly $157 better than 2% under invoice pricing. They do have a nasty $389 processing fee that would be added. Seems to me like a really good deal- am I missing something? What has me cautious is that there was pretty much zero haggling going on to reach this number.

The numbers look good. Just watch out for any weird backend deals, but you should be fine. IMO in this day and age dealers have to sell in volume. It's not like back in the day it was hard to figure out dealer costs. If this dealer doesn't make an attractive offer, someone else will.

Also note that salesmen are paid on a scale based on the number of cars sold. So he may be getting paid $100/ car up to 10 cars, but once he passes into 11+ cars he may be getting paid $150/ car. So it's in his best interest to sell as many cars even at break even or a small loss.

We got our 2011 leftover Volvo for $3000 under invoice. I'm pretty sure the salesman was more concerned about sales volume over the price of the car.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Archived