LegacyGT.com

Going to buy an 07 LGT spec.B

Dbl_D718

So tomorrow I'm putting a deposit down on an 07 spec.B so they'll hold the car till I can go see it Friday. Just here looking for a little advice to help me get the best deal I can.

The car is a really nice and clean 07 spec.B with 55,000 miles. It's all stock and in excellent condition. Asking price is $21,995, which seems pretty close to kbb value, but I'd like to get it a little cheaper if I can.

What do these generally go for? Common problem areas or electronics/things that break I should be sure to test? What are the common rust areas?

I've only driven one LGT before and it had problems, so any advice would be appreciated!

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

I would ask to sell it for around 15-17k. For 22k you can buy a brand new legacy. If it's a Dealership, I doubt they will sell it to you for that low but if it's a Private Owner, Maybe!

Tough to compare a 2.5i 5th gen to a Spec B. Used cars are selling at premium pricing. It all comes down to how bad you want a Spec B.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

the price looks like there is some room to flex, but for a clean 07 spec b that is as close as you can get. comparing to a 5th gen is like apples to oranges. 07 spec b has the 6 speed, nav, rear axle, interior, and turbo, vs a base 5th gen? =P

I would ask to sell it for around 15-17k. For 22k you can buy a brand new legacy. If it's a Dealership, I doubt they will sell it to you for that low but if it's a Private Owner, Maybe!

Yeah, ask to sell it below trade-in value according to most conservative sites. This will end well.

To OP: Late model used cars, with an 07 being close to that, are at a modest premium at the moment. I doubt you'll talk a dealer down too much. Edmunds shows dealer retail at around 20k. If you can get with-in few hundreds of that - it would be a decent deal. Or wait till winter, and buy it for under $20k.

Yeah it's not a cheap car, but that's what they're valued at and it's in immaculate condition so I'm willing to pay what it's worth. I'll do my best to get the price down though.
MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Yeah it's not a cheap car, but that's what they're valued at and it's in immaculate condition so I'm willing to pay what it's worth. I'll do my best to get the price down though.

I was talking to a dealer friend of mine about used car prices since I was shopping for a car for my boss' mother. Used car prices are really high compared to the mileage and year of cars. I was telling him about it and he said that right now he's getting whatever he is asking for on used cars. Pretty much no negotiation.

I asked why. He said that there is just too much of a shortage in new inventory due to Japan. He predicts used car prices to go back down to typical pricing at the end of the year when Japan really gets back on its feet w/ production.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

I don't know your definition of "immaculate," but $22k sounds about right for that year/model/condition. If you want a spec.b it usually will cost a premium. I paid more than my car was worth (in my opinion) because I wanted it. That's how it goes.

Well immaculate wasn't quite the word, but it was in very good condition and has lots of service records from Subaru dealers in the area like the timing belt replacement, so I bought it today. The sales manager wouldn't work with me at all and was quite the prick about the whole thing so I almost left, but I wanted the car. Got it for $21,495 with a full tank of gas and an extra $700 because the tires on it need replaced within a couple months. Probably not a great deal, probably more average but that's ok I guess.

Well immaculate wasn't quite the word, but it was in very good condition and has lots of service records from Subaru dealers in the area like the timing belt replacement, so I bought it today. The sales manager wouldn't work with me at all and was quite the prick about the whole thing so I almost left, but I wanted the car. Got it for $21,495 with a full tank of gas and an extra $700 because the tires on it need replaced within a couple months. Probably not a great deal, probably more average but that's ok I guess.

I obviously haven't seen the car, but it sounds like you got a fair deal. Enjoy it! :spin:

Price seems high. I picked up my spec for $19900 last September with 42k. Also bought it from a Subaru dealer, not private party.

That is a great price.:) When I log into mysubaru.com GTP on mine is 19,900. What year is ur spec B? Here in Colorado all Subarus carry a premium.

^ I don't know for sure, I remember reading that it's a major service for the 2.5 engine that needs to be done at some point, so I was happy to see it already done.

Archived