LegacyGT.com

thread size and pitch on rear lgt caliper bracket bolt.

whitetiger

Any one know thread size and pitch on rear lgt caliper bracket bolts? im talking about the 2 larger 14mm bolts that attach the caliper bracket (the part that holds the brake pads in place) to the rear trailing arm.

thanks.

Just bought some at the dealer today for $2 each. They are 10mm-1.25 x 20 mm long. All Subaru's use the same rear bolts. They are least 10.9 hardness and I found that the 8.8's from the local hardware store get destroyed. Torque is 38 ft-lbs. Edited by Burock

thanks. one of mine got messed up and i have yet to take it apart to see if the bolt is stripped of the hole is stripped. gonna get a couple taps to either clean it up or make it slightly bigger and re thread it

• 8 years later...
Just bought some at the dealer today for $2 each. They are 10mm-1.25 x 20 mm long. All Subaru's use the same rear bolts. They are least 10.9 hardness and I found that the 8.8's from the local hardware store get destroyed. Torque is 38 ft-lbs.

I know this goes back a few years, but any chance you might have access to the part # for the 20mm bolts you used?

The part number I found in the Subaru parts list 901120036. But those bolts are 26mm long and are rubbing the backside of my rear rotors, causing a horrible grinding noise. I suppose I COULD use a washer or two to "shorten" the bolt, but I'd rather use the correct bolt.

Many thanks...

Edited by quicksilver77