LegacyGT.com

Diff btwn GT & Non-GT?

I figured I'd chime in to save you some time and trouble since I tried something like this on my car before I turboed it.

I bought a SRI from Cosmo racing to put on my car. The LGT intake is completely different from our intake system. Their intake is snaked under the intake manifold.

You could go with an aftermarket intake. But there are 2 main things to note from what I can recall.

1) You need to make sure that the MAF housing part of the intake is the same diameter as the stock piece. Otherwise you will have issues. If you buy an aftermarket kit with a larger diameter, you will run lean. The car does not like that at all.

2) You will want to get an open source tune. Typically this runs around $500. If your 09 has the same ECU code as mine, which I'm guessing it is, tuning isn't a simple task.

If you have the money to invest, then by all means go for it. Otherwise I would save the money for something else.

Once again, thanks. If a simple swap ain't gonna doo it, I ain't all that interested. As I mentioned, this is ultimately a Mom-Mobile; so, anything I do needs to either improve mileage, or safety. My 70-y/o mom don't need any more power than stock.

Good luck with your spec.b search. Usually there's about 10 available for sale in the country at any one time. Here's the only black one, 600 miles from you:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=301833171&dealer_id=64262999&car_year=2009&systime=&doors=&model=&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=__c3BlYy5i__&keywordsrep=115112101099046098&highlightFirstMakeModel=&search_type=both&distance=0&min_price=&rdm=1311611412562&drive=&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&fuel=&keywords_display=spec.b&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2012&showZipError=n&make2=&certified=&engine=&dma=WASHINGTON_DC_NO&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&transmission=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&color=&address=20001&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=&make=SUB&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=614&standard=false

Thanks. I've got that one bookmarked (strictly as a place-holder, since I seriously doubt it'll be still up for sale next summer, when I will be seriously looking, not just talking about looking) already.

After many threads and post. Stock intake is BEST for our N/A engines. Just get a AVO panel filter.

Seems like it!

Anybody know of a mod to have the car SLAP ME, for leaving it in bump/tip-mode, when I come to a full stop and forget?!?!? THAT will help me save REAL GAS!!!

Archived