LegacyGT.com

Spec.B suspension help/suggestions

Spec.B_8

I purchased my very first Legacy the other day and ended up with an 07’ Spec.B!!:cool::) Here’s my issue. The body roll on the spec.b is terrible, especially at high speeds! I use the car as a DD; however, I drive the canyon for work an hour each way. I want a suspension set up that will drastically improve my cornering.

Here’s what I need:

1. f/r strut tower bars,

2. adjustable f/r sways with AVO RSB mounts

3. f/r endlinks

My favorite’s are cusco, cobb and whiteline. I’m newer to suspension stuff but know a little. I want a more “neutral” response in the corners, opposed to under/over steer, as does everyone.

Here’s where I’m stuck:

1. What size sway bars does everyone recommend, front and rear? I’m still confused on which bar should be bigger, front or rear...? Or should they be the same sizes…?

2. I’m also stuck on finding a place to purchase all the items at once so far some Legacy parts are hard to find... Any recommendations where I can find all the above listed parts? So far I’ve checked Rallitek and they have one strut tower bar and their sway set up which in my opinion is to small for what I want…. I have also found the 25mm RSB from perrin on JDM website but not sure what I would put on the front if I used that on the rear…

Anything helps, thanks in advance for assistance!:confused:

you don't need the strut tower bars.

front and rear sways (adjustable) for the neutral feel your looking for with beefier endlinks.

also check out eibach or swift springs to use with the bilsteins.

Skip the strut bars, they don't do anything for our cars. Your money would be better spent on springs.

Check out the Hotchkiss swaybar package on infamousperformance.net. PM Msprank if you have questions, he runs the site and should have everything you're looking for.

Thanks for your help guys! Why no strut tower bars, don't those help keep the chassis from flexing… I’m not trying to be a smart A#$, just trying to learn more. There’s just so much out there so it will take a little while….

I do agree that springs will be better though and I will be looking into that for sure!

Also, I found an old post from this forum mentioning the use of a 25mm rear perrin sway with a front Tribeca 25mm sway for the N/A legacy’s. Does anyone know if this will work for the spec.B?

Also, I found an old post from this forum mentioning the use of a 25mm rear perrin sway with a front Tribeca 25mm sway for the N/A legacy’s. Does anyone know if this will work for the spec.B?

The RSB will fit, but you'll need a LGT specific FSB.

Check out the Hotchkiss swaybar package on infamousperformance.net. PM Msprank if you have questions, he runs the site and should have everything you're looking for.

Looks like a good package but has anyone used these/had experience with them?

I don't know anything about Hotchkis, I need something that will last too! I was also wondering about the 22mm adjustable rear paired with the 25mm front.... Is that ideal for a more neutral setup or will it produce under/over steer?

So far I think I'm going with this set up:

1. Hotchkis Subaru Legacy GT Sway Bar kit 25mm front and 22mm adjustable rear

2. Kartboy End Links

3. Tein H-Tech Subaru Legacy GT Lowering Springs Spring Rate: F: 219lb/in / R: 308lb/in

Drop: F: -0.90" / R: -0.90". WOULD the be too much of a drop for a DD??

4. Whiteline Steering Rack Bushing Kit

5. AVO Subaru Legacy GT Rear Stabilizer Bar Mount Reinforcement Brackets

Archived