LegacyGT.com

Accessport Launch Control

charlie_sheen

okay so ive been messing with this for about two hours and im finally getting impatient. that is easily the most ive ever googled one topic in my entire life. so im hoping the "experts" can help me here ;).

here goes,

im trying to add launch control to my current custom 93 oct map. it says on the website that when i update the AP (which i just did) that stage one and stage two maps are enabled for the newly updated launch control.

problem is, since im stage 3 it says i need to use the "online map conversion utility" or some shit. i tried like ten times to load the LC to my accessport but i keep getting an error message saying that it cant be done because something is being downloaded? i have no clue. im at the point of frustration where its hard to describe whats going on lol. here is the link i am referring to, so if someone can look it over, and try it themselves and then tell me what im doing wrong id really appreciate it.

After you hit submit after you've selected the map on your computer, you should get a window asking you to save the file (same as if you downloaded a file). It sounds like the download isn't complete before you are trying to transfer that file to the AccessPORT. It shouldn't take anymore than a few seconds (unless you are on dial-up). After the download is complete, try closing that window and then open AccessPORT Manager and try transferring the map.

Bill

Thanks for the response bill. Now I have another question, it says on the AP when I go to change maps that its not up to date or something and that I should reflash it with a map that supports it. I don't know how this map doesn't support it? And also, after I reflashed it to my new 93 oct map with LC its kind of idling weird..like way less than before. It almost sounds like its going to stall out on me. I've read before that it takes the ecu a few times to get used to the AP when you first install it, so is this normal?

Thanks for the response bill. Now I have another question, it says on the AP when I go to change maps that its not up to date or something and that I should reflash it with a map that supports it. I don't know how this map doesn't support it? And also, after I reflashed it to my new 93 oct map with LC its kind of idling weird..like way less than before. It almost sounds like its going to stall out on me. I've read before that it takes the ecu a few times to get used to the AP when you first install it, so is this normal?

You need to update your AP firmware (as described in my previous post). When you add LC/FFS to your map, it also updates the map to the latest version number. This doesn't change the tune at all, but if you are running an older AP firmware, it will recognize the fact that the map has a newer version number.

When you reflash a map or install the AP, you clear all the learned parameters of the ECU. Some of the learned functions are related to idle control where the ECU learns to prevent potential stalling or other idle issues due to mechanical issues/aging of the car. So, when you reflash/install, you are back to square one and the ECU has to learn those functions again. Give it a few days (with some good amount of driving) and it should improve.

Bill

Archived