LegacyGT.com

A "will it fit" question

DirtRoads

This is a pretty newbie type of question, flame me, move it, or delete it if you please. I have a 1998 Legacy, base model thats not a GT. It came with the 14 inch black steelies with those sexy hub caps. In my quest to add some (more) sex appeal to my cheap DD I found some rims and tires from a 2002 Impreza that look like this.

http://originalwheels.com/subaru-wheels/images/subaru-impreza-rims-68721.jpg

The bolt pattern should be the same, but for some reason changing a 14 inch rim out with a 16 inch rim, and the potential tire size jump, just has my brain all nervous. What are your thoughts? I understand that the tire size would be pretty crucial but the craigslist poster hasn't gotten that info to me just yet.

-Drew

yes those rims will fit. Bolt pattern and hub bore are the same. If it has the stock 205/55-16, don't worry. The 14"s with the 185/70-14 are a little under sized for the car. Your speedo with the stock tires is a little off anyways. I put the 06 wrx 17"s on mine with the 215/45-17, and it made my speedo more accurate.

Victory!!! Kicking back and having a cold beer after getting my wheels on. There are no rubbing issues to be seen yet. I am liking the way the taller tires are working with the mannual transmission. The gears seem a little taller, I've been wanting that to change for a while. If anyone wonders what a '98 wagon looks like with '02 impreza wheels, here it is. I can't for the life of me figure out why the picture is upside down. I even uploaded it upside down hoping it would turn out right side up. Apologies.

photo.thumb.jpg.7c948a90017c0c35668a0c6e67c0621b.jpg

Archived