LegacyGT.com

new springs, left is lower than the right...

gyung

So I recently installed a set of springs, (tein s techs), and the left rear is sitting much lower that the right rear. I'm not sure if it's the actual springs themselves, or if there's something else I need to adjust, install, take out, etc. There's a clear 1/4" or more difference, and I'm not looking forward to tearing up my tires due to rubbing. To put it into perspective, I can't fit my fingers between the top of the tires and the fender well on the left side, but I have plenty of room on the right.

I know that if I had installed coilovers, problem solved. But, like most people, I'm on a budget. So I'm hoping someone here has some good suggestions.

Well, from the 3 of you and everything else I've read, I guess it is normal on this car...still doesn't make sense lol.

I have 19s on the car, and it looks like the tire is rubbing on the rear left. So other than different springs with less of a drop, do I have any other options with my current set up? I'm not sure if backing out the top hat nut a couple of threads is a good idea or not, but I'm thinkin that will give the spring a little more freedom and bump the side up enough for the tire to clear.

Wow I raised the my bc coilover on left side by half inch, about 1 yr ago. I thought I was crazy for one side to be higher with same settings on bc coils. Also car still pulls to the right even after many alignment and coilover adjustments, maybe are cars are retarded.

Are you guys serious ? Hell the **** no I wouldn't be rolling around with one side higher then the other. No one has ever tried to find out what the problem is ?

That's what I'm sayin!!!

only the owner of the car can tell others wont know cuz the difference is minimal. call and ask subaru why the f#$% is the car made like this.

when i took it to the dealer the service guy even saw that it uneven but had no answer for me cuz all the alignment were correct and it drives straight.

• 2 weeks later...

well...i never found an answer for this, but I came up with a solution and got some saggy butt spacers and just installed one on the left side.

not the best solution, but it'll work til I get some money saved up for coilovers

Are you on the stock struts? When I originally installed my Bilstein HDs on the rear, I installed the lower spring seat upside down, on both sides, which caused the rear springs to sit higher than the fronts. When I put the car back on the ground, I knew something was wrong because the stance was raked. Took them off and put them back on the right-side-up, and problem solved. You could have one on upside down, on not, as they look almost identical either way. But I don't think this part is even removable on the stock struts, so most likely it's not that if you're on the stockers.

I'm running the stock struts. There's really no way to have the spring seat upside down with them. I'm not too concerned anymore, as the the spacer seemed to even everything out, and this is only a temporary drop. The car is gonna go back up when winter rolls around, and coilovers are goin in next spring.

I just couldn't go through the summer without the drop lol. Also, looks like other people had the same issue, so hopefully this thread helps out everyone and we can find an explanation for this magical, mythical crooked suspension.

Archived