LegacyGT.com

heat is murdering performance

lil_z_33

i got a tactrix cable...that driver did not work for me...got the driver from tactrix website, rom raider downloaded...going to plug it in at some point today and see what I find...

is the spark blowing out a possibility? I do not remember what plugs I am running, but they are colder than stock...

It is possible spark is blowing out, I've seen that, it has to do more with your plug gap than with your type of plug though... It doesn't seem to correlate with what you're seeing though...

having trouble connecting to romraider and using ecuflash...

so I have downloaded ecuflash from tactrix website, also have driver for openport 2.0...if i connect to the car, it recognizes it, but as soon as I hit read from ecu, it shuts the car off and gives me an error code

for romraider, i am using the correct com port, but it just won't connect...error message at bottom reads unable to send ECU init - check cable is connected and igntion is on

i have read a bunch of threads on romraider, and on here, no luck...help please...car is an 06 lgt and i am running 32 bit windows vista...

So lets review. You have a $170 tactrix 2.0 cable. You installed the 2.0 drivers, you installed ecuflash but clicked cancel before openport install. In order to use ecuflash you need to connect your green connectors which are either above your brake pedal or under the passenger floor mat near the glove box.

Romraider does not require this though. Check your obd port and the wires going to it, verify none have pulled out. Ensure you have a strong car battery.

no i did not hit cancel before the openport 2.0 install, I installed it...

all I am trying to do is log...I found only one step by step instructions from someone who had the same issue as me...I am yet to try and connect to the vehicle again...looks like someone needs to detail step by step on how to do this...all the instructions are very vague...

no i did not hit cancel before the openport 2.0 install, I installed it...

all I am trying to do is log...I found only one step by step instructions from someone who had the same issue as me...I am yet to try and connect to the vehicle again...looks like someone needs to detail step by step on how to do this...all the instructions are very vague...

no. openport 2.0 drivers is not what ecuflash wants to install. the 2.0 drivers are separate, you're suppose to install those, but not the one's with ecuflash....halfway through ecuflash installation it will prompt you to click Next for openport drivers...these are older drivers that you should not install. so hit Cancel.

What I can say is, I had the tactrix 2.0 drivers installed and was using romraider successfully, I then installed ecuflash incl its openport drivers. and nothing connected from there on out. So I redid everything minus ecuflash openport and it works flawlessly. When using the vag-com for other cars, I installed ecuflash with its openport and it worked simply with that, no other drivers needed :confused:

Archived