LegacyGT.com

S100 Question

I just finished a full detail on my car. I put three coats of Wolfgang and One coat of S-100 and I know that some waxes have a cleaner in them and when you layer them you take the previous layer off . Is this the case with S-100 does it have a cleaner in it and can you layer it?

S100 doesn't have any cleaners. Many liquid waxes do just because they need so much solvent to get the carnauba soft enough to use. Paste waxes don't need nearly as much solvent and therefore don't usually do any cleaning unless stated on the jar. I would probably just suggest putting on a coat every 3 or 4 weeks. It does layer, but it doesn't really do much optically.

You did wait the 24 hours between coats on the Wolfgang, right? Its not like a wax. It needs the 24 hours between coats to cure properly. There is a chemical process taking place on the surface when you use a sealant like that. If you interrupt it then you won't get the appearance or the durabilty that you should. I usually just put on one coat per weekend for a few weeks and then top with a wax every few weeks after that.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I did wait the 24 hours between coats and the only mistake I think I made was that I used some quick detailer in between coats . It looks pretty good. Do you think the QD affected the curing/bonding?

NXT tech wax definitely does contain cleaners. If the QD you used said "spray wax" then it has wax in it and isn't good to use between coats. As far as Klasse goes... you really should settle on a sealant and then stick to it. Layering several different sealants is obviously possible, but I've tried it before and I prefer the appearance of just one sealant at a time.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Meguire's NXT. I wonder if it does?
I was using Meguires QD the NXT between coats to clean it. I didnt want to wash it in between coats because I thought the water could mess up the curing process.Does it have Carnuba in it?

Archived