LegacyGT.com

I need some help...friendly state inspectors

Verwilderd

Hey all, I have a simple question. I'm looking for a place to get a state inspection done that would pass me without having a cat. Does anyone know of a place around arlington? I moved to MA from Texas last August and have not registered my car up here yet. So know that my Texas insurance is about to run up, I need to get my car registered and inspected up here so that I can get MA insurance.

I'm only concerned about a visual inspection. If they know these cars well, they may notice no cat on the dp and thus fail me.

So if anyone know of a good place, please let me know! Thanks all!

my local inspection station doesn't check under the car. they just visually check outside and hook up the OBII port and if no errors pop up, everything's green light. sorry i can't say the same for other places in Mass.

MA inspections do not generally include an in-depth visual inspection (i.e. they're not going to check for cats); they generally scan the car for safety issues and then plug in the OBD-II tool to check for ECU faults and readiness codes. If your ECU is fine with your catless downpipe and everything else is in working order, you should pass inspection without any problems.

Great...thanks for the info. Most places in Texas are the same way, but the last time I went to get my car inspected while still in Texas, I had this one guy check everything from under the car, to pulling my headlight bulbs out to see if they're dot approved, all the way to inspecting my wiper blades they edge had a small tear) and this guy failed me because of those items. The only thing that saved me was that I was well know at the place I went to (except for this guy who was new), so I went back a little later and passed. I just don't want this to happen to me here as I don't have any connections yet.

Archived