LegacyGT.com

Radar Detector setup

charlie_sheen

Here is mine. I modded an invisicord to work with the mirror(pins wouldn't fit). V1 is clipped to the passenger visor.

dingbang: Check out my shift knob layout LOL. Function>Form.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6020/5951125695_40f0e10819_z.jpg

What is your shifter set up, (sts, knob)? I feel like I'd really like that

So this is my setup. Stock V1 bracket/suction cups with the stock power wire running all the way down to the dash.

I didn't have to bother taking off any A-pillar covers, by the way. I just lined up the wire with the pillar (so it lay nice and flat) and then bent the plastic just slightly to slide the wire inside.

As you can see, it's hardly noticeable from the outside. You really have to bend down low to see it from either side window, and the blue strip completely masks its presence from the front.

I also turned off K and X band on the V1. After owning it for several years in California, I found that 99.99999% of the time cops/CHPs were using Ka-band (and in a very few occurrences, LIDAR). The K and X bands would irritate the heck out of me since shopping mall doors / adaptive cruise controls / traffic monitoring systems would set them off. And in the 4-5 years I've owned it, just ONE cop had K-band in CA. That's a risk I'm willing to take given the peace and quiet it affords me all the other times.

radar1.jpg.16cdee1827ae41593492fae684ed0d27.jpg

radar2.thumb.jpg.2c2131539df8ce60bda274b93548f1f9.jpg

radar3.jpg.65fbedf0429fa4a61e9e146ca54372c2.jpg

• 4 months later...
Am I the only one who put the Valentine one remote display in the clock pod?

Bumping old threads:lol:

Wish I had that cubby, I have a navi there. I would of done the same thing and mounted my iPhone in the cubby to use as GPS and music. One thing I dont like about the Legacy is theres not much storage space compared to other cars i've been in, and surfaces are curved which makes mounting hard for stuff

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

I don't understand why people are using the remote mounts on the V1's in legacies. Don't you still have the detector mounted on the front window somewheres?

Isn't the windshield a more ideal location for easy viewing?

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

I don't understand why people are using the remote mounts on the V1's in legacies. Don't you still have the detector mounted on the front window somewheres?

Its more about the lights that are on all the time.

The remote display allows you to mount the actual radar detector up higher than normal and when connected to the remote display the main display in blacked out. This makes the actual radar detector almost completly hidden while being more effective as it is higher. The remote display is also now directly in your line of sight and looks great in the dash.

yup

I have my remote display at the gauges, all I have to do is look down. not look up at the mirror. I've noticed when I was in my friends car, cars behind you can see the lights so 'some' drivers know you have a detector and will follow you trusting you - depends how you drive that is... slowing down and stuff

the knobs (2 of them) are for volume and press for mute, main volume and mute volume. to change functions you press and hold the button and go through the settings. Normally you would not change the functions/settings day to day.

If you dont want to reach up to mute the V1, eBay sells a mute switch for you to mount it somewhere.

Pete do you use the rotory knob on the main unit to change the functions or do you have access to the button on the remote display? How did you mount the display back there?

I do have the remote switch that allows me to mute the radar detector and change modes. I almost never have to touch the actual Valentine One. I have my mute switch mounted in the picture below right next to the SI Drive knob.

Installing the remote display was super easy.

1. Pull the clock/cubby hole out.

2. Unplug the clock

3. Unscrew the clock holder from the dash peice

4. Remove clock

5. Dremel hole in the back of the clock holder so the back of the remote display can fit.

6. Place remote display in clock holder and reinstall.

The remote display will fit perfect except it is too deep which is why you have to cut a hole in the back of the plastic holder where the clock goes. However if you want to put the clock back you would never see it.

http://i40.tinypic.com/23rwua0.jpg

Archived