LegacyGT.com

Puerto Rico Car Search--AT '05-'06 LGT ~$15k

PCRex

Hello All,

I am currently living in Puerto Rico, back in the market for a Subaru. I sold my '09 WRX before moving down here, so I would like to hop back into a turboed Subie (that must be an automatic, so the fianceé can drive it).

That said, here is a local Classifieds section that I have been perusing: http://www.clasificadosonline.com/UDTransDetail.asp?AutoNumAnuncio=2774366

In addition to the cars listed in the classifieds, I have been considering a 2005 Legacy GT Sedan ($16k).

A couple of specific questions: (1) Did Subaru actually make a Spec.B in the wagon format in 2005, or ever? (2) Does anyone have any horror stories about the Legacy in an automatic transmission setup? (3) Anyone in the southeast with experience with black leather interior Subarus--too hot to handle in the summer? (4) Was there a USDM 2005 or 2006 LGT that came with a rear window wiper? And (5) Anything else I should be looking out for during my test drives?

We want to buy a used car, as new cars on The Island come at a serious premium ($38k for a new WRX). Timeline: We are looking to buy a car before this coming Sunday.

Thanks in advance!

A couple of specific questions: (1) Did Subaru actually make a Spec.B in the wagon format in 2005, or ever?

Yes but not in USDM markets

(2) Does anyone have any horror stories about the Legacy in an automatic transmission setup?

You're on a forum of enthusiasts that push their car very hard. People are going to break stuff.

(3) Anyone in the southeast with experience with black leather interior Subarus--too hot to handle in the summer?

It gets very hot as does any other car with black leather. Tint will help and carry around a blanket or towel with you to cover your seats. Also, check out 3M Crystalline Tint.

(4) Was there a USDM 2005 or 2006 LGT that came with a rear window wiper?

Only 05 and 06 LGT wagons had rear wipers in USDM markets.

(5) Anything else I should be looking out for during my test drives?

Just the same things you'd be looking, feeling, or listening for with any other car.

Archived