LegacyGT.com

The best engine dyno explosion I've ever seen

Interesting. Head left the engine.

But I noticed a few other things - the exhaust hose suddenly got an "erection" - like the exhaust was clogged before the engine went leaking smoke and then the head flew off.

And revving a diesel that high must have been some kind of destruction test anyway, so I suppose that they were prepared for an explosion of some kind.

Blowing up a few engines is standard procedure, you need to know that you aren't too close to the point of destruction just because someone overrevs the engine when engine braking or so.

Not as extreme as this blowup though:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCsSVLZ6wCI]YouTube - ‪Tractorpulling insane engine blow up, Engine flys out of the tractor!‬‏[/ame]

Engine block cracked above crankshaft.

453747.png

Interesting. Head left the engine.

But I noticed a few other things - the exhaust hose suddenly got an "erection" - like the exhaust was clogged before the engine went leaking smoke and then the head flew off.

And revving a diesel that high must have been some kind of destruction test anyway, so I suppose that they were prepared for an explosion of some kind.

Blowing up a few engines is standard procedure, you need to know that you aren't too close to the point of destruction just because someone overrevs the engine when engine braking or so.

Not as extreme as this blowup though:

Engine block cracked above crankshaft.

That was a diesel built for speed. Far from being stock. Properly built, they can do 4-5k RPM so I'm sure they were ready for the RPM but not the exhaust.:lol:

Archived