LegacyGT.com

Silicone intake and intercooler hoses?

cartman

Hi All,

I did a search for this, but came up with virtually nothing on vendors who carry silicone intake and intercooler hoses.

I know that they are widely available for the WRX.

Any vendor info?

Thanks.

That's right leonardo. I find it good knowledge to know your car and it's parts and dynamics fairly well before going for upgrades and knowing what each does. Then again, I'm more about function over form and want stealthy looking components that don't stand out. Know what you have and what needs to be upgraded to get what you need want out before going and searching for parts is my best advice.

The silicone turbo inlet pipe actually helps flow up top slightly and smooths things out a little. Compare the two and you'll understand, not the easiest install by any means though, the silicone inlet pipe that is, at least first time around, I'd gather would get easier on my second or third try. :lol:

Particularly when tuned I'd say it should aid a bit up not, not significantly, but definitely noticeable.

Think of your engine as a giant air pump, want to get air in and out as smoothly and efficiently as possible.

The silicone turbo inlet pipe actually helps flow up top slightly and smooths things out a little. Compare the two and you'll understand, not the easiest install by any means though, the silicone inlet pipe that is, at least first time around, I'd gather would get easier on my second or third try. :lol:

Particularly when tuned I'd say it should aid a bit up not, not significantly, but definitely noticeable.

Think of your engine as a giant air pump, want to get air in and out as smoothly and efficiently as possible.

So my question is, is it worth $250 for what you have described as a minor upgrade (especially since it leaves a good chunk of crappy pipe between it and the stock air box)?

So my question is, is it worth $250 for what you have described as a minor upgrade (especially since it leaves a good chunk of crappy pipe between it and the stock air box)?
As your first mod no. When you are swapping turbos yes.

I just did it since it is something I'll need to be donig anyhow, I know at the current stage it will make little difference though where I'm going it will make more of a difference, that is likely with a new turbo.

Archived