LegacyGT.com

iON Springs for Spec B

Evan

Can anyone tell me if iON sells/sold Spec B specific springs or do Spec B guys just use the same springs as normal LGT sedans?

I've got a 2005 LGT 5mt wagon and am considering purchasing a set of used iONs from a Spec B owner. I just don't know what the ride height will be on my wagon compared to the Spec B.

Here are photos of the Spec B with iONs: photo 1 - photo 2

Thanks,

Evan

Thanks, I sent an email to info@ ion earlier, but I see that Jack hasn't logged on to LGT for a while so I didn't know if they were still around. I called the number on their website and got an error message after it rang for a while. I sent an email to the address you supplied. I'm going to pick them up and hopefully Jack responds before I get around to installing.

Afaik, they claim to have made everything vehicle specific. Different setups for wagons/sedans, I think even auto/manual. Spec b sedans had the standard front springs with hd rear sedan springs due to their bilstein setups. Sooo, it may work on your wagon given the rears will be more stiff, but don't quote me on that

Yeah, the fact that they made so many variations made me suspect that they may have a Spec B version. And with all the talk about different spring perch heights and tophats, etc that I haven't made sense of, I was afraid of some noticeable difference in ride heights. After a little reading, it appears that isn't the case, so I'll just give it a shot.

I'd also prefer the HD rear springs for a few reasons.

Archived