LegacyGT.com

Head Unit Choice?

cuylerjr

Looking for some input on what navigation head unit I should get for my 05 Legacy 2.5i. I'm really looking into the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT and the Kenwood Excelon DNX9980HD. I've heard mixed reviews on both. Looking for some advice. Thanks.

Well I've placed the AVH4200 in my car and the Z130BT is near to that so I would recommend that one. However, not knowing you personally it'd be tough to say what your requirements are for a stereo...is it good sound? good interface? good power? etc. I would also recommend you see if people have posted personal reviews on Youtube to get a feel for the interface and potential Navigation experience. I know I reviewed several over YouTube and that gave me a great idea of what I liked and what I didn't from each stereo....hope this helps.

I'd personally go with an Alpine deck. I would recommend Eclipse (love my single DIN headunit) but they no longer make car audio products.

If you want cheap, check out the thread here for the $270 eBay unit.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Oooooooooooo Alpines...I love Alpines :) Didn't see too many compelling things from Alpine on their IWA double din deck for me to spend the money on it! Again, I all goes back to what the person feels they need in a deck and whether that falls in line with costs and interface comfort level! Either way ANYTHING is better than the stock deck!

I would recommend Eclipse (love my single DIN headunit) but they no longer make car audio products.

I thought they were just concentrating on either OEM or aftermarket products (one or the other, it is quite early in the morning here).

I thought they were just concentrating on either OEM or aftermarket products (one or the other, it is quite early in the morning here).

as far as I am aware Eclipse has exited the consumer aftermarket mobile electronics market. Kinda makes me sad...

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived