LegacyGT.com

Detailing For Apartment Dwellers

i like my apartment the water is free and my car is outside most of the time so i wash it every 2 weeks, down side is the stupid cable cars that pass by kicks up so much dust. i recoment buying a fury duster to dust ur car every day after washing, clay bar, and waxing that way u can save the time from washing your car.

At the start of the summer I put three coats of Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant on the car. Been taking it to the touchless wand-wash to wash it every few weeks. The dirt just slides off the paint. I don't use their brush, just the soap and rinse stages of the hand-held want. And I don't get too close to the paint that I'm pressure washing it either.

I'd like to try that Griots waterless car wash in a bottle. I love their product demo video - lifted right out of Top Gear :p

And finally the coin op vacuums around here have all been upgraded. And they really do suck, in a good way now. I still prefer a vacuum attachment with a brush to agitate the dirt and dust out of the carpet piles, but they'll do anyway.

At the start of the summer I put three coats of Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant on the car. Been taking it to the touchless wand-wash to wash it every few weeks. The dirt just slides off the paint. I don't use their brush, just the soap and rinse stages of the hand-held want. And I don't get too close to the paint that I'm pressure washing it either.

I'd like to try that Griots waterless car wash in a bottle. I love their product demo video - lifted right out of Top Gear :p

And finally the coin op vacuums around here have all been upgraded. And they really do suck, in a good way now. I still prefer a vacuum attachment with a brush to agitate the dirt and dust out of the carpet piles, but they'll do anyway.

I use Griot's waterless car wash from time to time for door jambs and such. It works on the entire car, but you end up using a lot to do it right.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

This write up is great! Although this thread is a few months old but being in the waterless detailing business...I can say it's great using waterless car wash products. Makes life much easier! Especially living in an apartment. The products I use can clean, polish and protect a car, shine tires and break down bird droppings, brake dust and interior stains as well w/ just 3 different bottles. Just remember to make sure you go with a good one that does not have a lot of harsh chemicals!

Archived