LegacyGT.com

Coilover's that stand up?

sleeper8406

Are there coilover's out there that stand up to the north east winter weather? The reason I ask is because I would like to be able to adjust my ride height for summer and winter driving. Lower for summer higher for winter.

There are several factors to consider here; ride quality (the roads are shitty in PA), performance, and being able to stand the test of time.

I have seen several coilover setups in the FS thread and a lot of them say they are seized and can no longer be adjusted. If they lose the adjustability they you may as well just have struts and springs right?

Any info is appreciated

If they lose the adjustability they you may as well just have struts and springs right?

The true performance from coilovers is the ability to corner balance the car from shifting the height at different places.

And the way our cars is setup, lets say you drop 2" and go back up 2" for winter, your alignment will be out of spec which can chew up the tires. Toe causes the wear

Yea most people buy coils to get low. But there are a few that do adjust for summer and winter

Good luck with your searching!

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

KW's are stainless and may stand up to PA's brine and salt better than some others. The only thing being not as many people run them as, say, BC's or something similar.

http://kw-store.com/products/complete-coilover-kit/kw-coilover-kit-v2/kw-coilover-kit-v2-03-subaru-legacy.html

Something that I think would work would be more frequent car washes using a handheld sprayer and then following with a good coat of WD40.

Archived