LegacyGT.com

Perrin intake queston

Installed perrin intake a few months ago on 05LGT and have a question...

during medium to heavy load I can hear the air flow is smooth until about 4k rpm when the air flow sounds like it's sputtering until 5 1/2k rpm where it goes back to being smooth.

Is this a problem/normal or just need a tune?

I'm a noob subie/turbo owner but glad to be finally part of the pack!

You need to rescale the intake to work properly. Your Mass AirFlow sensor reads the amount of air based off of the diameter that it thinks. Throwing a new intake on changes the diameter so the car thinks its flowing less air than its actually taking in.

That's probably the wastegate flutter you're referring to. I can't help much further but i'm pretty sure that's it. I used to have the intake myself.

If I remember correctly, you'd hear it sucking air, flutter, then i'd shift and it'd go back to sucking sound? Pretty sweet sounding intake but it's tough to tune via e-tune.

You need to rescale the intake to work properly. Your Mass AirFlow sensor reads the amount of air based off of the diameter that it thinks. Throwing a new intake on changes the diameter so the car thinks its flowing less air than its actually taking in.

How would I go about rescaling intake? I sense I need a tune and feel I'm in over my head... Good thing I still have stock stuff.

Archived