LegacyGT.com

Upgraded to VF52 a week ago and now have a P0011 code again?

P0011 timing over advance, especially after a blown turbo is indicative of oil starvation TO the heads.

Im not sure if your aware but a blown stock turbo (usually) will take the integrity of the cam journals and main bearings with it. (bearing shreds from the turbo dump into the oil pan and get circulated throughout the engine like the black plague)

Oil starved cams are significantly harder to rotate. I *think* the increased difficulty for the timing belt to easily turn the cams is where it senses a timing change- through excess rotational resistance. The car usually runs lile crap around this period and time as well.

Happened to my friend the other day, turbo blew and took the entire LONG block with it.

But uhhhh. Check the avcs banjo lines for debris.

not realy resistance that makes the cams not advance ..its lack of oil pressure. when a blown turbo or a diffrnet turbo that can flow more oil some of the oil pressure is lost and the cam is not able to advance it self.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

not realy resistance that makes the cams not advance ..its lack of oil pressure. when a blown turbo or a diffrnet turbo that can flow more oil some of the oil pressure is lost and the cam is not able to advance it self.

I'm not quite sure I follow. I thought the lack of oil causes the cam to not

advance hence the resistance in the journals causes cam speed variations. ?

Archived