LegacyGT.com

Private party purchase/2011 Legacy HELP!!!

Hell no. A car depreciates a couple grand when it is driven off the lot.

Edit: there are much better used legacys out there for considerably less. Check the classifieds here.

ETA: no USDM legacy gets 48 MPG. The owner is lying.

Buy it. Nobody cares.

I care, lol

Isn't that kind of a low ball offer?

You might be lowballing but considering the market and it is a used car. Doesn't really matter. Go for $20,000 if you feel bad but I feel this guy is fishy.

In regards to difference between what the dealer showed you and what people on here are talking about, I may be able to explain a bit.

1. The car in the advert is a Premium, which you can tell because they mention cloth seats, but has a moonroof (which is an option on a Premium). If it was a Limited, it would have leather seats.

2. The dealer was probably either showing you a Limited car (without a sunroof?) or a Premium with lots more options on it.

3. A Premium spec'ed with the All-weather package, moonroof, and dimming mirror has an MSRP of $24,400 and an invoice of $22,880 and a True market Value of $23110 (according to Edmunds). Invoice minus 2% is about $22400.

4. You did mention taxes, which if we assume 7%, means a total of about $24,000 total for the $22400 assumed purchase price of a new car.

So you are looking a savings of about $2500 for the used car, while giving up some warranty, knowing the history, and potentially dealer incentives (like low-APR financing).

You will have to decide, but I would probably look around for better deals. Maybe even a certified pre-owned from a dealer that may have a few more miles but would have an extended warranty. It is coming to end of the model year, and dealers will probably be willing to make you a very good deal as the summer passes, since they will want to clear out inventory for 2012 models (SoA may also have cash-back incentives to help with that).

I would buy this vehicle if I wanted to start a long, drawn out lawsuit intentionally. That's one reason to buy this vehicle it seems. But personally I'd rather bring the drama to a stealership that treated me badly and was completely arrogant than a nobody private seller.

I would buy this vehicle if I wanted to start a long, drawn out lawsuit intentionally. That's one reason to buy this vehicle it seems. But personally I'd rather bring the drama to a stealership that treated me badly and was completely arrogant than a nobody private seller.

WHAT??:confused:

Archived