LegacyGT.com

Installing Perrin turbo inlet

Hi guys,

Happy Independence day to most of you guys, i need a bit of advice before tackling this install. Looking at my standard inlet hose it has 4 connections in total coming off it(jdm car, not sure how many on US model)whereas Perrin one has 5. i had a look through the instructions that came with it, they are not very clear on this. So i do i need to just blank off the spare inlet on the Perrin hose and connect the other 4 the same as they are on the stock one?

Hi guys,

Happy Independence day to most of you guys, i need a bit of advice before tackling this install. Looking at my standard inlet hose it has 4 connections in total coming off it(jdm car, not sure how many on US model)whereas Perrin one has 5. i had a look through the instructions that came with it, they are not very clear on this. So i do i need to just blank off the spare inlet on the Perrin hose and connect the other 4 the same as they are on the stock one?

Yes.

this is the hardest thing i have ever tried to install pain in the ass. at least i found the cause of my boost leak:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/desperatedano/P1010918.jpg

only managed to get BOV return connected, still have to get it onto turbo and other lines connected up and everything put back together. tomorrow is another day.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/desperatedano/P1010921.jpg

I doubt that would be the cause of your boost leak, since the inlet isn't pressurized.

But it would run like a dog as its all un-metered air from there...

I found this a PITA as well but even worse finding all the evidence that its poorly spent money when it comes to bang for your buck. MRT in Australia dont even touch the inlet/airbox till its over 380HP... sigh...

found lots of leaks today with the help of a guy in work! New clamps and silicone turbo elbow ordered to fix this. i might try the AVO TB hose again that i bought a few weeks ago but its seems too long compared to the stock jdm one

Archived