LegacyGT.com

Who would be interested in a STI/FXT intake manifold group buy?

Just curious, this would allow you to get a sti tmic and run a sti turbo setup.

let me know as i have access to a vendor with several of these just sitting around in their warehouse.

Was wondering if there was nuff interest to warrant doing a group buy for us.

Dre

on second thought...

lets make this juicer..

what would you guys want to see in a "power package" that included the sti/fxt manifold swap?

IE what turbo?

What injectors?

What fuel pump <--only issue i can spot at this time

up pipe?

down pipe?

exhuast?

help me come up with ideas for packages that i can shop around for a group buy.. Rem the costs do add up.

help me out guys im doing this for all of us :)

U might be better off sticking with the idea of a GB for the intake manifold alone. There are so many choices on the turbo upgrade that it could side-track the whole exercise. UP, DP, and exhaust also is open to many choices (more every day). The fuel system is the big question mark as you say. Again, trying to solve this problem may slow down your original goal.

If anything, the item that you should consider adding in a "combo deal" would be either a stock STi TMIC or an aftermarket TMIC that everyone can agree on - if possible.

Yeah that is what i am thinking as well..

but i figured if we could get interest in say

STI Manifold + TGV Housing + Nismo 740 cc injectors + GT30 + STI TMIC

i could get a package deal on it all ;)

Right now i have the following sorted out for group buy pricing

JDM SPec B Bumper (with bumper beam and foam)

STI intake manifold + TGV Housing

Nismo 740 CC injectors (can someone confirm that the side mounts fit an sti)

Helix Up Pipe

Looking at intakes.. any idas?

I'd like to see some cost comparisons between going this route v. switching to a front mount.

nicest thing about an intake manifold swap is more then just being able to use a sti tmic, its the ability to run just about any turbo you want.. no funky housing issues.

IE you can use just about any sti turbo kit..

yeah, I see the appeal to that. but add say a perrin or sti TMIC (new) and a new intake manifold, and are you looking at about what some are suggesting the NFP front mount would run ($1500 installed)? that setup cd also be adapted to run a host of different turbos, or so I gather.

just trying to sort out the possibilities.

EDIT - didn't see your post above. so sti TMIC and intake manifold come in under $700 combined? hmmmm

getting out of the legacy game :cool:

Make it an intake manifold, tmic, and vf39 for less than $725. I'd go for that. Or, individually, $150 for the intake with tgv housings, $300 for tmic, and $275 for vf39. BTW...what finish are we talking for the intake? Polished, wrinkle, flat metal, etc.

Make it an intake manifold, tmic, and vf39 for less than $725. I'd go for that. Or, individually, $150 for the intake with tgv housings, $300 for tmic, and $275 for vf39. BTW...what finish are we talking for the intake? Polished, wrinkle, flat metal, etc.

Intake manifold from an STI is RED...

and yeah put down the pipe brotha.. 725 for a tmic, manifold and vf39 :)

i wish.. hell 150 for a sti manifold and tgv housing is 100 below other places...

Archived