LegacyGT.com

Injector problems!! Ideas.

Low Drag

I recently acquired a set of injectors that are definitely not well matched. They were cleaned and tested at DW. The DW flow rate chart has them rated at 801, 832, 871 and 906. I bought them as DW 850s. I am asking for advice as to what to do with them. Keep in mind that the seller when he sent them to DW to be cleaned and tested passed on that they were in fact not DW (he thought that they were too) and refunded my $$. He offered that I could buy them if I paid for shipping and the cleaning costs. I chose to get them.

I am pretty sure that I will use less than they are rated for and most of the time I see 740s for sale with the smaller turbos. I have a Blouch 20g xtr. With the flow difference in the injectors, does anyone have any suggestions as to whether I can run them safely as is? Should I get two new DW 850s and lose the other two. I don't know enough about how injectors work to know if I need to be concerned. Any advice is appreciated.

On a different forum, I have had people say throw them out and get new ones. I don't really have the money to do that but can if I have to. When it comes to tunes is it that easy = tune for 800cc or is it more complicated? Thanks.

I would consider getting a different set. If you bought a new set of DW they would be <1% difference? When DW cleaned mine they broke one and replaced it with new which actually caused a larger variation in output but I was still in the 2% range.

Again it is just my opinion but I would want a flow matched set.

Archived