LegacyGT.com

2011 Outback Lease

Just started shopping for a replacement of my wife's 2009 FXT limited. I am shocked by the lease rates some dealers near me are asking.

With $1,700 out of pocket, for a 36 month lease and 12K miles, they are starting at $540 per month for 3.6 limitied with sunroof and Navi. MSRP $34.9K

For reference, my wife's FXT with sunroof and navi is $369 per month (I think I came out of pocket $1500). MSRP - I believe was $32.5K

I expected the dealer to start at High $400's as a monthly payment and hopefully settle at $410-425 per month...but starting at mid $500's?! No way.

2nd dealer told me in an effort to save us both time that there is "no way he can even come close to low $400's per month. Best of luck on your new car search". Wow..I am really surprised.

Ohh well, might be time to buy something other than a suby!

We have had a 1999 impreza RS that we sold and got a 2003 legacy limited, sold it and then leased a 2006 tribeca limited with navi 15K miles per year (paid $410 per month btw) and bought my spec b. We then traded in the tribeca and got the forester xt limited.. I want to lease a suby but there is no way I am paying more than $450 per month.

If your are looking to lease anything other than subaru, you should lease a 2011 Acura TSX. They've been at like 350/month with zero down. And their MSRP's are like 30k. Thats more of a deal and a possible replacement for my legacy in a year.

I think its almost impossible to find a lease near what was offered when subaru was getting rid of 09 legacy's. 1500 down 135/month. After taxes and all fees and stuff came to 2500 down, 190 a month.

I stopped in at the dealer last month, lease deals don't look too promising atm.

^ great deal.

Car is for my wife..I really like the TSX wagon (but she does not). We are looking at the Infiniti EX35 AWD has a great lease deal right now (under $450 a month with navi) and also looking at the Mitsu Outlander GT. The outlander is actually a really good bargain, you get a lot of techno extras for under $32K...but I am worried about reliability.

Ended up buying (not leasing) a 2011 Tribeca Limited with Navi and Rear seat DVD for the kids. $35K + Tax (sticker was $38.7K). Not a super great deal, but decent considering they took my 09 Forester XT lease with 13 months left and it was over mileage.

I am happy.

Tribeca's feel so much pricier to me =P Not saying its not worth it, but I feel there are other options to the Tribeca that are out there.

Options in the price range comparing our Legacy's is a bit tougher.

How'd you like the Forester XT. Thats a possible option for me used once my lease is up. My legacy is tiny for me. I hate not being able to fit stuff in my trunk.

Ended up buying (not leasing) a 2011 Tribeca Limited with Navi and Rear seat DVD for the kids. $35K + Tax (sticker was $38.7K). Not a super great deal, but decent considering they took my 09 Forester XT lease with 13 months left and it was over mileage.

I am happy.

Congrats...we had an 07 Tribe and loved it. Go to http://www.sb9t.com to talk to Tribe owners.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

How'd you like the Forester XT. Thats a possible option for me used once my lease is up. My legacy is tiny for me. I hate not being able to fit stuff in my trunk.

Forester was ok for us. It felt pretty unrefined IMO, but it was very quick and nimble for an SUV tho. It was the only suby I had a major mechanical problem with too...tranny blew at around 25K miles. The car had never been driven hard and all scheduled maintance was done at the dealer. First the front diff was leaking and then 2 weeks later the tranny gave up. According to a tech I spoke to at the dealer...the tranny issue is a common one on the 09 XT.

Congrats...we had an 07 Tribe and loved it. Go to www.sb9t.com to talk to Tribe owners.

Yeah thanks..this is our 2nd tribeca, we had the 06' limited and really loved it (even though it felt slow and required premium fuel). When we traded it for a Forester, it felt like a big step down in refinement. The tribeca feels and handles like a much more expensive car IMO.

The 2011 Tribe feels much quicker to me and it has all the stuff the 06 did not..bluetooth, a decent stereo, memory seats, rearview camera and a nicer front end (I actually liked the 06 front end).

Archived