LegacyGT.com

1999 Legacy 30th Aniv - Keyless Entry Module

• 2 years later...

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I'd rather that than make a new one.

I also have a 1999 30th Anniversary that I'd like to put Keyless Entry in.

I've been looking at the wiring diagrams in the Factory service Manual and it seems as though that small connector with the loop back is used when there is no keyless entry system... the FSM mentions a jumper on that connector to disable keyless entry.

I'm wondering if anyone from this thread ever got theirs running. I'm mostly curious if I only need to buy a module or if there is other additional wiring that I'd need to include (there didn't seem to be anything in the FSM that jumped out at me)

• 4 weeks later...
Kwame, nice car!!

Thanks TexasLegacy, could you believe she is almost 12 inches off the ground??...

I was comin home early saturday morning around 530am and heard a slight knock. Got out the car inspect what and where it was coming from. Said to myself no big deal. When i got home around 6am i already had smoke coming from the exhaust and the knock got progressively louder. After i did my checks i found out that cylinder #1 had a ringland failure.

So the engine is just about out of the car. Think i'm going to either order some forged pistons and the engine rebuilt kit for this car. Clearly the Pistons cant handle much day to day driving.

Thanks again...

Kwame, nooooooooo that's awful man. I'm sorry about that! That car looks amazing! How about just throw in the H6 motor. They Turned out to be great daily motors proven with time. The third gen chassis will fit that motor with no problem.

Can you give me more info on the H6 motor. Is it more reliable? I am at a dead end with the EJ208 twin turbo. :(

• 2 years later...

Archived