LegacyGT.com

ECU settings and non-OEM DPs

I have been reading quite a bit on the forums and also bugging Mike at infamouspermformance. I bought an 05 GT that had an after market DP which got changed to a stock one by the dealer. The car also has an aftermarket up pipe (I figured that out later when I brought the car home).

So is there a way to find out if the ECU is running non OEM-settings? From what I understand, the ECU needs to be tunned to deal with a high flow down pipe; otherwise, bad things can happen when the boost kicks in. When I test drove the car with an after market DP it ran fine at high rpm. It also drives quite fine with the stock OEM pipe at high rpm. So I am curious how I can find out the state of the ECU. Would it be possible to just connect to RomRaider and look at some of the tell tale signs? (need to figure out what those are :)

Thanks

download ecuflash and read from ecu, it will pull the map and save it as a .hex file, post it up and we will look at it to tell you how it looks. the dealer very well may have flashed the ecu back to stock if they knew anything at all about changing dp's.

download ecuflash and read from ecu, it will pull the map and save it as a .hex file, post it up and we will look at it to tell you how it looks. the dealer very well may have flashed the ecu back to stock if they knew anything at all about changing dp's.

Will do once the vagcom cable arrives.

So the VagCom cable arrived and I installed ECUflash and RomRaider. When I plug in the cable into the car the blue light on the cable lights up and the the Serial Converter USB driver loads. However, the Ecuflash can't connect to read the ECU state. Also, RomRaider fails to connect to the ECU as well.

I am running the latest ECUflah and RomRaider on a Vista laptop.

By the way, ECUflash lists FT232R USB UART A400fMNy as the vehicle interface.

did you install the drives that came with the cable? if you did, and also chose to install the openport 1.3 drivers that came with ecuflash- there can be a conflict. what i would suggest is uninstall both and then just install ecuflash/openport 1.3 and try that, if THAT doesnt work, uninstall both, install supplied drivers, and then just ecuflash and choose to cancel when the openport install window pops up.

Version 1.30 worked with the VagCom cable. I also did not install openport

http://www.club3g.com/forum/2154218-post1.html

Here is my current map. I opened the map in RomRaider and saw a bunch of DTCs. However, the first two DTCs are (PASS CODE (NO DTC DETECTED)), and the car has no check Engine Light. So are the other codes from previous events? I suppose I need to reset the DTCs and check what's up.

http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~rchertov/7-1-2011-05LGT.hex

Archived