LegacyGT.com

announcment!

Dear Legacy fans,

I have been a forum member for sometime and really appreciate the info and knowledge here! I currently own a 2008 2.5I SE. As of today though I will be trading it in for a 2008 2.5 GT Limited. I love my N/A car, but miss and have always wanted the Turbo! So wish me luck, and i will continue to look to this forum for answers!

Nice! congrats! I also have an 08 2.5i and when i bought it last year, I couldve gotten an 05 GT for the same price i got the 08 for. But I didnt because i was afraid id dump in a ton of money into the GT (like i did on my last 3 subies) so i did the "adult" thing and went with the 2.5i. Cause i know i wouldnt try to dump money into this thing to make it faster. Although, i sometimes regret it and wished i had just gotten the turbo...

I am not planning on spending too much time on this one, but u never know, maybe some COBB accessories.....lol....I appreciate it guys, as soon as I get I will let you know and show pics!

That's what I said when I bought my car in January... I'm sliding downhill... fast

anything, anyone, Accessport on a GT with AT? worth it?

No, go opensource from either a local to you tuner or a infamous e-tune.

EDIT: oh and congrats on the upgrade :D

anything, anyone, Accessport on a GT with AT? worth it?

lets see for $500 bucks for the AP

you can get a new CNT downpipe + infamous tune for under that

there has been plenty of proof of HP gain from a real tune vs AP OTS tune

so my conclusion is not worth it

Definitely e-tune vs the cobb ap...my tune from infamous has MUCH smoother power. You can buy a DP and a tactrix cable + the cost of the e-tune and still save money vs. the price of the AP alone. You can then sell the tactrix on this forum and recoup 3/4 of the price. Tough decision, right?

Definitely e-tune vs the cobb ap...my tune from infamous has MUCH smoother power. You can buy a DP and a tactrix cable + the cost of the e-tune and still save money vs. the price of the AP alone. You can then sell the tactrix on this forum and recoup 3/4 of the price. Tough decision, right?

Probably true. When I bought my AP in 2006, none of those options existed.

Thanks for the info guys! Well as of Tuesday at 11pm, a 2008 Bronze Subaru Legacy GT 5EAT is now mine. It was hard to see the white 2.5i go, but the bronze and power def. make up for it and helped ease the pain.

Now what would you suggest for quickest and easiest power gains. downpipe + uppipe, Cobb AP, e-tune, exhaust, intake? I want the easiest, cheapest way to gain a few extra ponies!

Most of us do.

I just recently installed my DP and stromung, and reflashed with a Cobb ap. Yes it is a great improvement over stock, but I would really like to get a custom road tune and have them load it onto my AP.

As stated before, the power is a bit jumpy. I'd much prefer a smooth tune, but I'll just have to wait to get a tune.

Now what would you suggest for quickest and easiest power gains. downpipe + uppipe, Cobb AP, e-tune, exhaust, intake? I want the easiest, cheapest way to gain a few extra ponies!

The easiest and cheapest way would be to get a tactrix cable, a CNT DP, and an Infamous stage 2 tune. Your factory UP is catless, so you don't need to change it out, and you don;t need an intake at stage 2 power levels.

Which would be better catted or catless downpipe, there is a significant difference in price, not sure why that is...i would assume catless would be the way to go...

A catless downpipe can give you maybe 5 more horsepower. The exhaust smell is worse with catless but nothing crazy. There isn't a problem with inspections because when you get a tune, the tuner will disable any check engine lights associated without having a cat- so passing inspection via obd II computer scanning won't be an issue. If the inspection station you go to does visual inspections and see's that there isn't a cat he may not pass you....but it depends on the station.

Some of the treehuggers on this forum will tell you not to get catless but it comes down to personal preference. I'm catless and haven't had any problems. The exhaust sound is throatier too :) (not much louder than catted)

Well I don't have inspections here in my county in Ohio (i know some do), so not worried about inspections, just curious which gives better performance, and i assumed that catless would be better since there would be less resistance, and the catless is sig. cheaper! I PM'ed m sprank about packages for stage 1/2 to see what prices are looking like!

Then go catless! freeballin! It's cheaper, sounds better, the perf gain is minimal but for the price- can't beat it. I went with an invidia catless brand new for just over $200. Just make sure you have a tune lined up as well.

yeah def.! Anything else needed besides a DP and a tune that is simple? Wastegate, BOV?

that's up to who tunes it, ask them. a downpipe and a tune will bring you to stage 2. it's wise to get an aftermarket recirc bypassvalve (not BlowOffValve) because the stock one can leak. the stock intercooler is good until 18psi (stage 2), after that you should upgrade. wastegate isn't needed until your running a different turbo where wastegate pressure needs to be managed better by an external wastegate.

Archived