LegacyGT.com

Best way to get some noise

tbperry

^Well, said. I wouldn't do anything that way but I didn't know if there was a cheaper option. I think I have decided to just save up for awhile and buy some Prodrive cans, I love the sound they make. Hogzaust is just not for me, especially since we have winter here.

^Well, said. I wouldn't do anything that way but I didn't know if there was a cheaper option. I think I have decided to just save up for awhile and buy some Prodrive cans, I love the sound they make. Hogzaust is just not for me, especially since we have winter here.

Get the resonator removed as well. I just did this on my car this weekend and the Prodrive cans sound 100x better. It was just too quiet before, barely louder than stock. Now it has a nice boxer roar to it.

Just make the exhaust leak... one dollar of washers can't be beat for the price.
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

• 8 months later...

Alright - bringing this back but I finally decided to just try to Hogzaust because it had been months and I hadn't done anything!! So, my dad had a few washers laying around, spent about 20 minutes and WOW!!! Perfect noise I am in love!

I would totally recommend this - it is cheap and very easily reversible when you do end up spending money on something! Best mod I have done so far!

hey man a really good setup which unlocks performance and sound is a stage 2 setup with tune. u can go the cheaper route and get a CNT dp catted or catless for like 150 shipped, and x02/gimmick/cxlighting cat back for around 400 shipped, an sti catless up pipe for about 70 bucks used and ur rumbling and spanking chargers and stangs' for around a grand or less. getting rid of the cat in the up pipe is a MUST as it can potentially grenade into the turbo on the 05's if u do a down pipe swap or up the boost. a catback alone wont necessitate a tune but if u get anything basically before your 02 sensor's like a cobb or kstech intake or TMIC u will want to tune and add some fuel to compensate for the extra air. i found each component changed my tone as ive modded my 05. BUT i ran around with an x02 cbe and a cob sf for the first year i had it and she really sounded good. Other people use the down pipe, mid and Y and then bolt the stock cans up and that sounds more subtle while still really opening up the flow of the car

Search > Hogzaust /thread

Not a slam. Instant noise. Practically zero investment.

He said 'not' ricey, guys..

Alright - bringing this back but I finally decided to just try to Hogzaust ...Best mod I have done so far!

Dr.Who style BURN boozy.:lol:;)

Archived